Friday, February 15, 2013

No one asked me ……why this day is not like the other?


Remember the song/game from Sesame Street “One of these things is not like the other; one of these things just does not belong....”?  My day was like the displaced item in the song, but in a good way.  I have not written a blog of late because …. My word program ceased to open.  Whenever I attempted to open a document I got the error message “Microsoft Word Open 2010 cannot open - fix in control panel”!  As if!!


Therefore I have fiddled and diddled and considered calling my family and tried remedies to no avail.  Yesterday I completed the T3210 (E)’s and mailed them to Revenue Canada, another story.  Today I was going to catch up on some written work, if possible.

 
I was not always computer literate, in my day I was the office software go to girl. I was competent in DOS programs!  But the stroke of 2005, sounds like a natural disaster, threw up road blocks in my mind. Some days I operate quite nicely; others, not so much.

Today I was determined. I did a system restore back to the time this computer was purchased. No luck.  Then I typed a Facebook query, but did not post, for as my fingers flew over the keyboard I thought “go on line”. I did.  In seconds I had the info, deleted the problem “Opener” (who knew), reinstalled and was up and running. I revised a letter for a friend, I seldom have problems writing or editing, and cleaned up files.

Should tomorrow bring a computer problem will I know how to handle? It is anyone’s guess; No one asked me ……why this day is not like the other?

1 comment:

  1. glad to see you are up & running, looking forward to some new stories!!!

    ReplyDelete